- Meeting "Keeping up with the
literature: the role for computer text analysis", Hicks Building,
University of Sheffield, 23 Feb. 2001.
- David Holland Smith (DERA),
- David Kent (DSTL),
- David HS/Nick Kemp (DERA),
- Mark Sanderson (Sheffield),
- Joe Carthy (Dublin),
- Hamish Cunningham (Sheffield).
- Joint Meeting of the BCS and the
British Computer Society, School of Computer Science and Information
Systems, Birkbeck College, Nov. 2001.
- L. Lebart (ENST, Paris),
- B. Mirkin (Birkbeck),
- A. Gammerman (Royal Holloway),
- J. Daugman (Cambridge).
- Joint Meeting of the BCS and
the Herts/Beds Group, Royal Statistical Society, Statistics
Department, IACR Rothamsted, Harpenden, Herts, May 2002.
- Roger Payne (IACR Rothamsted),
- Gavin Ross (IACR R.),
- showing of BBC2 TV program on R.A. Fisher, Exhibition of Fisher's
work, manuscripts and calculator.
- Meeting, The Natural History
Museum, London, Spencer Gallery, 27 Jan. 2004.
- P. Robinson (Centre for Technology and Arts, De Montfort
- C. Howe (Dept. of Biochemistry, University of Cambridge).
- Meeting poster, "Academic
obsessions and classification realities: ignoring practicalities in
supervised classification", David Hand (Imperial College), 27 April
2005, Hicks Building, University of Sheffield.
- Joint Meeting of BCS and Statistical
Computing Section, Royal Statistical Society, "State of the art in
supervised classification", 3 May 2006, Billiard Room, Institute for
Mathematical Sciences, Imperial College.
- Ludmila Kuncheva (Univ. of Wales, Bangor),
- David Hand
- John Shawe-Taylor (Univ. of Southampton).
- "Representation and Generalisation in Pattern Recognition",
Joint Meeting of BCS and Computing Section of the RSS, 6 Oct. 2006.
- Robert P.W. Duin, Delft University of Technology,
"Representation related problems in pattern recognition".
- David M.J. Tax, Delft University of Technology, "Outlier
detection using ball descriptions with adjustable metric".
- Dick de Ridder, Delft University of Technology, "Integrative
- Elzbieta Pekalska, University of Manchester and Delft University
of Technology "Statistical learning with general proximity measures".
- "Analysis and Classification of Large Complex Datasets",
Brunel University, 2 Feb. 2007.
- Xiaohui Liu (Brunel) on bioinformatics;
- Peter Willett (Sheffield) on virtual screening techniques for
- Bob Nichol (Portsmouth) on cosmology;
- Mel Janowitz (DIMACS) on formal concept analysis and its
relation to clustering;
- Boris Mirkin (Birkbeck) on neighbourhood
similarity clustering for complex data and domain knowledge,
applied in bioinformatics.
Mel Janowitz (Buck),
Xiaohui Liu, (Buck),
the British Classification Society/Classification Society of North America
meeting in Brunel University, 2 Feb. 2007.
- "Analysis Methodologies for Post-RAE Scientometrics",
Royal Holloway, 6 July 2007.
Kolmogorov Lecture, Prof Robert Merton, 23 Feb. 2010.
Computer Learning Research Centre, Royal Holloway, University of
- The 2010 Kolmogorov Lecture was presented by Professor Robert
Merton (Harvard Business School), winner of the 1997 Nobel Prize in
- Meeting and AGM, 24 September 2010, UCL.
- John Gower (Open University), "Beyond eigenvalues".
- Tom Fearn (UCL), "Identification of Animal Feed Ingredients
using Near Infrared Microscopy".
- Fionn Murtagh, Joe Reddington and Adam Ganz (SFI; CS, RHUL; Media
Arts, RHUL), "Correspondence analysis and hierarchical clustering in
semantic and stylistic analysis of text, with application to film, TV,
and other domains".
- ICC 2011,
International Classification Conference, University of St
Andrews, 11-15 July 2011.
Keynotes: CJ van Rijsbergen (Glasgow and Cambridge Universities),
Adrian Raftery (Univ. of Washington).
- Programme and
- ICC 2011 included the
Workshop on Bourdieu and Multiple Correspondence Analysis. Led by:
Michael Grenfell (Trinity College Dublin), Frédéric
Lebaron (CURAPP/CNRS, Université de Picardie), Brigitte Le
Roux (MAP5, Université Paris Descartes and CEVIPOF/CNRS, Sciences-Po).
Meeting and AGM, University of
Essex, Fri. 18 May 2012. Hosted by
the Department of Mathematical Sciences (DMS), University of Essex
(UoE), Dr Berthold Lausen.
- Welcome and opening
by David Wishart (President BCS) and Abdel Salhi (Head of Department
Mathematical Sciences, UoE)
- Axel Gandy (Department of Mathematics, Imperial College London)
- Christian Hennig (Department of Statistical Science, UCL, London):
"Some thoughts on cluster benchmarking"
- Günther Sawitzki (StatLab, University of Heidelberg):
"The excess mass approach and diagnostics for modality"
- Alex Gammerman (CLRC, Royal Holloway), "Classification by Conformal
- Nick Fieller (Department of Probability & Statistics, University of
Sheffield): "Classification in High Throughput Screening"
AG DANK/BCS Meeting 2013 in London,
British Classification Society meeting, including AGM, co-organized with the
Arbeitsgruppe Datenanalyse und numerische Klassifikation (AG DANK) of the
Gesellschaft für Klassifikation, University College London, 8-9 November 2013.
Organisation: Dr Christian Hennig, Department of Statistics, UCL.
- BCS 3 May 2006 AGM Minutes,
held at Imperial College London.
- BCS 6 July 2007 AGM Minutes,
held at Royal Holloway.
- BCS 14 July 2011 AGM
Minutes, held at the International Classification Conference, ICC 2011,
University of St Andrews.
18 May 2012 AGM Minutes, held in University of Essex.
- BCS 9 Nov. 2013 AGM
Minutes, held in University College London.
- BCS 9 July 2014 AGM
Minutes, held in University of Essex.
2 September 2015, AGM Minutes, heldin University of Essex.
BCS Treasurer report.